People before pixel
Hi, I’m Audrey, a UX, UI, concept designer who has a passion for human behaviours, design, and a curiosity for innovation to create meaningful products for people.
When I’m not working on projects, you will find me exploring the world, listening to live music, and teaching leathercraft.
My daily system includes creativity, a good read, and a good laugh!
I’m happy to meet over a coffee if you want to hear my French accent contact me on 0468 930 360.
Thank you for stopping by.
It explores the impact of using new technologies in our society. Just brilliant!
User flow – Customer journey – Sitemap – Information architecture – Persona – Competitor analysis – Impact matrix – A/B testing – Usability testing – Wireframe – Accessibility – Sketch – Miro
Prototype – Mockup – Design system – Style guide – Sketch – Zeplin – InVision – Adobe XD – Photoshop – Illustrator
Jira – Asana – Google analytics
CSS3 – HTML5
Emotional intelligence – Communication
Master of Visual Arts – Major in photography
2005 – School Les Beaux Arts, Paris
User Experience Design Immersive
2018 – General Assembly, Melbourne
Diploma of Leadership & Management
2017 – APC College, Melbourne
Certificate of Graphic Design & Pre-Press
2007 – School Les Gobelins, Paris
A little bit about me
I started my career as a designer over 15 years ago. I have worked as a Graphic Designer, Web Designer, and UX and UI Designer in France, Canada, and Australia.
My master’s degree in visual arts, my creativity, and a passion for understanding human behaviour is an excellent mix with which to build engaging and innovative solutions for the user. After relocating to Melbourne, I undertook further study with a UX design immersive course at General Assembly. My passion for UX has allowed me to develop further – both professionally and personally. Since then, I have worked as a Senior UX/UI Designer in Higher Education at Victoria University and for small and large companies, including Telstra and Racing Victoria.
I love to design digital experiences that solve problems for people and make their lives easier. I apply user-centered design principles, digital best practices, and continuous innovation to my design and deliver solutions that meet user and business needs.
So, what do I do?
- Understand the needs of the user: competitors analysis, user interview, persona, user flow, sitemap, feature prioritization matrix, information architecture
- Understand the business goals: stakeholder interview, UX workshop
- Develop wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes
- Conduct usability testing and create reports to showcase the findings
- Work in an agile environment, collaborate daily with the team and track goals
- Develop a design system, adapt Material UI language to design, and design for accessibility
- Design and ensure stability across devices (desktop, mobile, tablet): a clear understanding of the responsive design, and bootstrap grid
- Challenge traditional thinking and broaden the scope of possible solutions
- Expand knowledge of the latest technologies